Monday, March 12, 2012

day 6

Dear Rose,

     I can't believe that you've been gone for almost a week.  I miss you terribly.

I went over to Mom's house today, and it's just so darn sad without you there.  Everyone is lonely without you.  Dot misses you a LOT.  She's never known a world without you, so she will probably have the toughest time adjusting to life now.  I'm trying to give all of them extra love and attention.

Diva is trying to step up to the role of eldest dog, but she is doing so rather reluctantly.  The whole dynamic is out of whack over there. 

It turns out that you are the only dog who bugged me for treats.  The others don't even care about them unless you make them... and you're not there anymore, so it's sad to get no one bugging me for treats.

I almost broke down this morning after class.  I remembered the last time I finished a class was when you were sick, and I would call to check up on you after every class.  And today I felt the impulse to call to check on you... and then I remembered.

:-(

I love and miss you!

Love, Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment