Friday, March 9, 2012

your funeral

Dear Rose,

I think that your funeral was beautiful.  You looked beautiful in a pink-lined casket.  I pet your body more than once, not gonna lie.  I know that it is not REALLY you, but I had to feel your fur again.  I miss petting you, cuddling you, holding you, and making you happy. 

We placed the photos in there with you, along with 4 of your favorite treats.  I will miss you barking like crazy until I give you a treat. 

Anyway...  I feel much better now that you are resting next to Stuffy.  I even am starting to believe that you and Stuffy really are having some kind of awesome afterlife together. 

We gave Stuffy some flowers and treats today, too.  Please tell her that I love and miss her just as much as I love and miss you.

I have realized that I've started to forget Stuffy.  Not what she looked like, but how she acted, what her bark sounded like, and stuff like that.  And I hope that I never forget anything about you. 

Rose, you are missed and you are loved.  I know now that you are at peace with your death.  I could sense that much when I looked at your peaceful body today. 

As for me being at peace with it...  well, I'm not there quite yet.

But now that your body is buried, I think that I may be able to fall to sleep without crying for the first time since Tuesday.  So there's that.

I love you and miss you soooooooooo much.

Rest in peace, dear girl.  My puppy.

Love, Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment