Friday, March 9, 2012

funeral update

Dear Rose,

     Your funeral is today at 12:30!  I'm happy about that.  You can finally rest in peace.

I wish that I knew what you would want buried with you.  I want to bury you with a couple of  your favorite treats, pictures of all of your family, and a favorite old toy or two.

However, selfishly I want to keep your old toys as keepsakes.  And now that I've thought of it as an option, I will probably regret it either way.  Crap.

What would you want? 

I love you dearly, Rose.  Seeing your body again (and for the LAST time) is going to be tough, but is it crazy that I'm looking forward to seeing you again, even if it is just your body? 

Say hi to Stuffy for me, and let her know that we plan on honoring her today, too.  :-)  I love my girls.

Rose... Rest in peace.  I know that you are going to be there today, watching over us.  Because really, if there is a spiritualy plane, who would miss their own funeral?

I love and miss you.

Love, Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment